The Admissions Lottery was held Friday, March 20th at 4:00pm at The Preuss School UCSD.
- All eligible applicants were placed in the admissions lottery.
- 120 spots available for the 6th grade
- 0 spots available for the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade as of March 20th 2015.
- Parents were notified of the lottery results in April via mail.
- All provisionally selected families must meet the income eligibility criteria with their 2014 Income Taxes
- All waitlisted applicants should reapply in October of 2015 if you would like to be eligible for the Fall 2016 Admissions Lottery.
- Waitlisted students will remain on the waitlist until March 2016. If a spot becomes available, we will notify students via phone in the order they are waitlisted.
Tour the Campus
The Preuss School UCSD recruits and enrolls students entering the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade from the greater San Diego area. Eligible applicants must meet three requirements, both at the time of application as well as at enrollment.
The three requirements are:
- All families must meet income eligibility criteria as defined by federal guidelines [PDF].
- The parents or chief guardians are not graduates of a four-year college or university.
- Applicants must submit a completed application by the deadline.
Since there will be more eligible applicants than space available, applicants who meet all three requirements will be entered into a lottery and selected at random for admission.
Those who are entered in the lottery but are not selected will be placed on a waiting list in accordance with the lottery. Students on the waiting list will be considered if a space becomes available. However, keep in mind that due to limited space, admission cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that if the waitlisted applicant is not admitted for the academic year they applied for, they will be required to resubmit a new application in order to be considered for the following year.
- We are not offering campus tours at this time.
- Students selected for admission for the Fall 2015 will have opportunities to tour the campus before the start of the school year.
Please explore the admissions quick links at left for additional information.