Fall 2014 Admissions Applications are Now Available!
Pick up an application at The Preuss School UCSD or print one here.
Please explore the admissions quick links at left for additional information. To learn more about The Preuss School UCSD, or schedule an information session or tour for your school or community center, please contact the Admissions Office at (858) 658-7215.
The Preuss School UCSD recruits and enrolls students entering the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade from the greater San Diego area. Eligible applicants must meet three requirements, both at the time of application as well as at enrollment.
The three requirements are:
- All families must meet income eligibility criteria as defined by federal guidelines [PDF].
- The parents or chief guardians are not graduates of a four-year college or university.
- Applicants must submit a completed application by the deadline.
Since there will be more eligible applicants than space available, applicants who meet all three requirements will be entered into a lottery and selected at random for admission.
Those who are entered in the lottery but are not selected will be placed on a waiting list in accordance with the lottery. Students on the waiting list will be considered if a space becomes available. However, keep in mind that due to limited space, admission cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that if the waitlisted applicant is not admitted for the academic year they applied for, they will be required to resubmit a new application in order to be considered for the following year.
Upcoming Outreach Presentations:
- Edison Elementary: Middle School Night
- Tuesday, November 5th. 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- 4077 35th St, San Diego, CA 92104
- Keiller Leadership Academy: Parent Night - High School Fair
- Wednesday, November 6th. 6:00pm-7:00pm
- 7270 Lisbon St, San Diego, CA 92114
- Rodriguez Elementary: Outreach Presentation
- Friday, November 8th. 9:00am-9:30am
- 825 S 31st St, San Diego, CA 92113
- Barrio Logan College Institute: Application 101 Workshop
- Tuesday, November 12th. 6:00pm-8:00pm
- 1807 Main St, San Diego, CA 92113
- Encanto Elementary: Outreach Presentation
- Wednesday, November 13th. 5:00pm-6:00pm
- 822 65th Street San Diego, CA 92114
Tour the Campus
- Contact Hazel Claros to schedule a tour of the campus
- Tours available Monday- Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm.
Thank you for your interest in The Preuss School UCSD. Please pick-up an application at The Preuss School UCSD or print a copy here.
- Applications must be postmarked or received by December 20, 2013 at 4:00pm.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- The lottery for Fall 2014 is scheduled to be held at the end of March 2014 (exact date/time TBA).
- Parents will be notified via mail during the first two weeks of April 2014 whether their child has been provisionally accepted into Preuss for the Fall 2014 academic school year.
Parents of prospective students are encouraged to call the Admissions Office when they have any questions about the application and/or to make an appointment with the admissions coordinator when they need additional help completing the application.
If you have recently changed your contact information or have a new mailing address, please notify the Admissions Office right away.