Saturday Enrichment Academy (SEA)
What is Saturday Enrichment Academy?
Saturday Enrichment Academy (SEA) is an opportunity for all Preuss students to receive individual and small group tutoring, reinforce skills, and complete homework. SEA is a voluntary program unless the student has been assigned to attend, due to being “at risk” or on academic probation. A student may be considered “at risk” if:
- He or she has earned below a 2.50 GPA on the most recent report card or progress notice.
- Student may be moved on or off of “at risk” list by teacher or counselor recommendation
What are the specific details that I need to know?
- Students are required to bring their Preuss Planner, all homework assignments, study materials and a KBAR book to SEA At the conclusion of SEA, students will submit a Planning Sheet documenting the completion of assignments that must be signed by the supervising teacher or tutor. Off task and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and will result in a referral.
- SEA begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. and ends promptly at 11:00 a.m. No late arrivals will be admitted. Parents must pick up students by 11:00 a.m. as adult supervision will not be available after that time. The bus schedule for SEA can be viewed here.
- Students will check in and are assigned to a tutorial room. Younger siblings or non-Preuss students are not allowed at SEA. Students will not be allowed to leave the classroom to wander or socialize with other students. Uniforms are not required at SEA, and no meals or snacks will be provided. Eating is not permitted in the classroom.
- Put these dates on your family calendar.
||February 4, 25
|October 1, 22
||March 4, 18
||April 8, 22
||May 6, 20
|January 7, 21